- Come to your appointment prepared to ask questions
- Describe your hearing impairment as you experience it
- Get family members involved to support you in your communication needs
- Learn communication strategies to help you in your daily life
- Learn how to self-manage your hearing impairment
You have probably seen a lot of doctors and specialists about your hearing, but no one understands what life is like with your hearing impairment better than you do.
By using the Ida Telecare tools to get ready for your next appointment, you can make sure that you discuss the things that are most important to you to help you communicate better in daily life, with no time wasted on unrelated topics.
These tools are a way for you to organize your thoughts about your successes and challenges with your hearing impairment. This will help ensure that your needs and concerns are taken care of.
Your answers will also help your audiologist so that they can recommend the best treatment for you, whether that's new technology, communication strategies, or additional support from your family, teachers, and friends.
What are the benefits?
When is it easy or hard to communicate and what can you do to make it better?
What questions do you want to ask in the appointment and who do you communicate with?
How would improving your hearing and communication effect your daily life?
When is it easy or hard for you to communicate and what can you do to make it better?