At this stage you may feel it is important to be able to use your own ideas to try tasks on your own or with friends. You like to make some decisions on your own, and it is good to know that you can still ask for help if you need it. Some children feel they need time on their own from time to time. Using your hearing aids may bother you more. Talk to your teacher or parents about this to find out what can be done to make it as easy as possible. Your friends are important to you. Speak to someone you know and trust about making friends if this is something you find difficult.
Being a Tween
Did you notice?
The environment is:
- Many people talking at once
Socially, you need to:
- Get to know other children and talk to your friends
- Understand what your classmates are saying and adjust the way you behave
- Choose between activities and make decisions
- Work together with others
You need to be able to:
- Concentrate in noise
- Keep up with conversations with one or more friends or classmates
- Understand your teachers and classmates when you do schoolwork
- Ask for help if your hearing device is not working