The videos below were created by pediatric hearing care professionals to show how they use the different environments in the My World tool to talk with children about their hearing loss.
You can use these videos to learn how to introduce the tool in the appointment and how to work with each of the three environments. You can also see how the hearing care professionals use the tool to help the children explore alternative communication strategies in specific situations.
If you would like to contribute a video to the website showing how you or a colleague work with the My World tool in the clinic, please contact us.
- Using the My World tool, what does Richard discover about Amber's seating arrangements in the classroom?
- What are the implications of this discovery for Amber's ability to hear the teacher well?
How might Richard use the My World tool to help Amber reflect on where it makes sense for her to sit in school and other social contexts?
- What does Eileen learn about the way Ashlynn is currently approaching the communication difficulties she experiences with her friends?
- How does Eileen use the My World tool to help Ashlynn think of alternative ways to handle these difficulties?
Eileen guides Ashlynn on how she can help her little sister when she is sad about having a hearing loss. How does she do that?
- Using the My World tool, what does Richard learn about Chloe's ability to hear different children's TV shows?
- How does the session enable Chloe to describe her hearing situation at home with her parents?
- How did the session help Chloe's parents learn how they can better support Chloe in the management of her hearing loss at home?