Privacy Notice for personal data submitted via www.idainstitute.com
At Ida Institute, we respect and protect the privacy of visitors who submit personal data via our website, and we are dedicated to being as transparent as possible regarding the use of your personal data.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect and use your personal data. In this Privacy Notice, "we", "us" and "our" means Ida Institute.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please check back when you use our services to make sure that you have seen the most recent version.
2. WHO WE ARE
This website is owned and operated by Ida Institute, and Ida Institute is the data controller of the personal data collected through the website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or you would like to exercise your rights, you can contact us by using the contact points below.
Tel: +45 7022 7217
3. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
We collect your personal data:
· When you email, call us or write to us, visit us or provide us with information in any other way, including by interacting with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
We process the following types of personal data:
· Your name, title, postal address, and email address, and, bank details if you make a purchase with us or are reimbursed by us.
· Information you provide to us during communications, whether by email, mail telephone, in person or through our website.
· We will only process information about your health with your explicit consent and do not store this data.
We will ensure that the personal data we process about you is not incorrect or misleading. As our services depend on your correct and updated personal data, we kindly ask you to inform us, if there are any relevant changes regarding your personal data. You may use our contact information above to notify us of any changes.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
· To process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you, in accordance with our legitimate interest to provide our users with a responsive service.
· To provide materials requested and/or purchased by you and to communicate with you about our materials, products and services. We do this as necessary in accordance with our legitimate interest to provide you with relevant information based on your expressed interests and consent.
· To update our records and for audit purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so and/or when required by legislation.
· To analyse trends and profiles, for our legitimate interest to aim to enhance, modify, personalise and improve our services and communications.
· To carry out user satisfaction research based on our legitimate interest in enhancing, modifying, personalising and improving our services and communications for the benefit of our users.
· To recommend materials we think you will be interested in. We do this in accordance with our legitimate interest to carry out direct marketing to our users.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not rent, sell or otherwise share or disclose your personal data, except as described herein or otherwise stated at the time the data is collected.
We may share your personal data with our service providers for tasks such as:
· assisting us with administering or troubleshooting our website;
· assisting us with the supply or design of our products/services or with our business administration;
· assisting us with our marketing campaigns; or
· providing us with electronic or physical storage services or systems.
We will only share your information in these circumstances, if it is necessary in order for our service providers to perform the service for us. These service providers are not authorised to keep or use your personal data for any other purposes, and they will always be under an obligation to keep your personal data safe and confidential.
6. TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
In order to deliver our products and services to you, we may share your personal data with service providers or data processors located outside the EU/EEA. We make sure that these data processors provide an adequate level of protection as required under applicable data privacy regulation (including GDPR), e.g. by using data processors that are certified under the Privacy Shield Framework, by using the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses or by way of another lawful basis for transferring data outside of EU.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need to for legitimate legal or business reasons, including to comply with any regulatory obligations. We will delete your personal data when it is no longer required in relation to the purpose of collecting, processing and storing your personal data, or when requested by you. We will store personal data that we are obliged to keep in accordance with the law.
If you would like more detailed information about our retention policy, please contact us by using the contact points above.
We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unintended loss or amendment, against unauthorized disclosure and against unauthorized persons accessing your personal data.
You acknowledge that the transmission of data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Should a breach of security occur, we will inform you as soon as possible if the breach may result in high risk to your rights e.g. theft of ID, discrimination of you, loss of reputation or other significant inconvenience.
9. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the right, at any time, to request information about the personal data we are processing about you, where the data is collected from, and what we are using it for. You also have the right to know how long we will keep your personal data and who we share your data with. If you request so, we can give you details (and a copy) of the personal data we hold about you. Your access can be restricted to ensure other people’s privacy protection, trade secrets and intellectual property rights. You may also have the right to data portability. If you think the personal data we are processing about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request correction. Please contact us and let us know how to rectify your information.
In some instances, we are obliged to delete your personal data. This might be the case if you withdraw your consent. If you believe that your personal data is no longer necessary in accordance with the purpose for which we collected them, you are entitled to request their deletion. You can also contact us if you believe that your personal data is being processed contrary to applicable law or other legal obligations.
We will investigate if the conditions are fulfilled, when you make a request of having your personal data rectified or erased. If so, we will carry out the amendments or deletion as soon as possible.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. You can also object to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can use the contact points above to submit an objection. If your objection is justified we will ensure the termination of the processing of your personal data.
10. RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you have a concern in relation to how we use your data, please let us know, and we will reply to your queries and if necessary take steps to ensure our practices are consistent with our obligations. If you are still not satisfied with the way we use your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant national data protection authority. In Denmark, the relevant data protection authority is Datatilsynet. You can contact Datatilsynet at Borgergade 28, 5th floor, 1300 Copenhagen K, +45 3319 3200, e-mail: email@example.com.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We provide solutions for children but this website is not intended or designed to collect personal data about children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect personal data from any person we know to be under the age of 13.
12. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This website may contain links to websites of other companies and organizations. This Privacy Notice does not apply to such third-party sites, and we suggest that you contact those third-party sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies.
13. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this notice from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. Where relevant, possible and appropriate, you will be notified by email.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 7 September 2018.