- Why Improve My Hearing: Help clients determine how motivated they are to take action on their hearing loss
- Living Well: Help clients identify when communication without hearing aids is easy or difficult and which steps they can take to improve it
- The People I Talk To: Invite clients to identify the people they communicate with most often and questions they want to discuss in the appointment
- Tinnitus Thermometer: Help patients explain how they are experiencing their tinnitus at the time of the appointment and what expectations they have
Ida Telecare is a way for you to extend your services beyond the appointment and improve the quality of your care. Clients who have considered their motivations and priorities before coming to the appointment are better equipped to make decisions about and feel more involved in their hearing care. By encouraging your clients to think about their needs and concerns before they come to see you, you can focus the appointment on what is most important. Your clients are also more able to express their support needs to you at different points on their hearing journey.
Sharing the Everyday Life with Hearing Loss tools with your clients is a way to offer them valuable advice after they have left the appointment. These tools can encourage clients to try to new strategies and help them get the most out of their hearing technology.
Ida Telecare contains easy-to-use online tools for different phases in your clients’ journeys. Clients can prepare for appointments or review resources to help them learn to manage their hearing loss in everyday situations:
Preparation for first appointment
Preparation for follow-up appointments
- Living Well: Help clients identify when communication with hearing aids is easy or difficult and which steps they can take to improve it
- The People I Talk To: Invite clients to identify the people they communicate with most often and the questions they have after trying hearing aids
- Tinnitus Thermometer: Have patients fill out the tool before every appointment to gauge changes in how they feel about their tinnitus
Everyday life with hearing loss
- Top Tips for Managing Conversations: Clients can watch videos where people with hearing loss share their tips and tricks for successful communication
- Dilemma Game: Clients can review common communication difficulties and potential strategies
- Copy the link to the tool or phase you want your client to use and send it to them in an email
- Tell your clients to email or print out their answers to discuss in their next appointment
- You can include the link in the confirmation of their next appointment or use it as a follow-up
- Please note that Ida does not store client data and will keep no record of what is submitted.