The first step is to reflect on how you are doing now. Take a close look at what is important to you, what is working well, and areas where you need help by completing the following questions:
- Describe how your family communicates, and how you ensure each family member clearly understands what is being said.
- Describe how you and your family make important decisions.
- Describe how you and your family handle challenging or difficult situations.
- What are your current goals for managing your hearing loss or (if you are a parent) your child’s hearing loss?
- What are your hopes and dreams (for yourself, or if you are a parent, for your child)?