- Empathy with distressed clients
- The truth is not what it seems
- Managing expectations about technology
- Dealing with difficult/aggressive/resistant clients with communication problems
- Other medical problems
- Asked for information that you cannot provide / managing uncertainty.
- Unclear diagnosis
- Outline of an audiological consultation
- Other clinical situations
Role-play is an effective, experiential way for the whole group to explore communication problems and challenges. By sharing observations, comments and feedback, observers can learn as much as the people who are engaged in the role-play.
Participants will gain the most if role-play scenarios are as true to real-life clinical situations as possible.