- Plan how to deal with important communication situations at the start of each day
- Think about when communication is most easy and build on that
- Tell people that you have a hearing loss and how they can support you
- Involve your family and people close to you
- Ask for help when you need it
Ida Telecare is a quick and easy way for you to get ready for appointments. It also gives you tips on how to live well with your hearing loss.
Choose your situation and begin to improve your communication now.
Prepare for Your First Appointment
Get ready for the appointment and the steps you will take if you have a hearing loss
Prepare for Follow-up
Think about what it is like to wear hearing aids and what other support you might need
Everyday Life with Hearing Loss
Once you have gotten used to your hearing aids, there are still things you can do to make it easier to communicate. If you plan your day and think about how you can ask others to help you, you can learn to deal with both planned and unplanned situations. You will probably find that thinking about your day will help you focus. You may also find that people want to hear how they can support you.
What you can do right now:
Top Tips for Managing Conversation Well
Hear from other people with hearing loss how they manage daily communication well
Review suggestions for handling common communication difficulties and think up your own.