Open-ended questions can also help with clarification. The questions should be worded in language appropriate to the level of each child.
- "Tell me more about how you feel in that situation."
- "What would you like to see different about this situation?"
- "What should we do next?"
- "What would be the best thing that could happen to make it easier for you to hear in this situation?"
- "I work with other children who have trouble hearing the ... (eg, teacher, other children, etc.). Can you think of some advice to give to these children that also works well for you?"