Students and Educators

Young adult cochlear implant survey research study

0 comments
Dear Colleague: My name is Melissa Kosky and I am a Doctor of Audiology Student at Central Michigan University. I am conducting a research study entitled, “Evaluation of young adults’ decision-making process in choosing whether to obtain a second...

Melissa Kosky Student

Places still available on London adult rehab course

0 comments
With four weeks to go, it's not too late to book your tickets to London for this 3-day course dedicated to non-technological aspects of rehabilitation. There's a great line-up of speakers and lots of opportunity to chat to like-minded colleagues....

Lucy Handscomb Hearing Therapist

Last comment

With four weeks to go, it's not too late to book your tickets to London for this 3-day course dedicated to non-technological aspects of rehabilitation. There's a great line-up of speakers and lots of opportunity to chat to like-minded colleagues....
Profile picture -

Join the Copenhagen Intensive masterclass on tinnitus and hyperacusis therapy

0 comments
   NEW: Copenhagen Intensive Course     Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Therapy Masterclass: Intensive course in Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Rehabilitation    Dates: 1-3 June 2016   Course Tutor: Dr. Hashir Aazh (UK)     Guest Speakers: Professor Richard...

Hashir Aazh

Student sending solar-powered HAs to kids around the world

2 comments
Here's a nice feel-good story about a student trying to make a difference: http://ecowatch.com/2015/11/06/solar-powered-hearing-aid/ Grace O'Brien is helping distribute solar powered hearing aids to under priveledged kids around the world.  The...

Amanda Farah Cox Web editor

Last comment

What a coincidence. At a family gathering last month, I tried to get some discussion going with my relatives who already have diplomas in electronics about the possibility of someone creating a solar powered hearing aid so that those who have...

Frances Bernard student

3 day course on adult rehab at UCL Ear Institute, London

0 comments
Ida followers might well be interested in a masterclass I'm running from 2nd-4th December called 'rehabilitation for adults with acquired hearing loss.' The focus is totally on non-technological aspects of rehab. We're excited to have a guest...

Lucy Handscomb Hearing Therapist

The New Ida University Course

0 comments
We've updated our University Course to include new tools, lessons, and activities. You can download the course here and read more about it in our July feature. We would love to hear feedback from students and teachers alike. What do you like about...

Long Distance Learning

0 comments
Our debut feature for February 2015 is on long distance learning. We talked to Ida Advisory Board Member Deborah Ferrari about her online pediatric audiology course that she runs with her colleagues at the University of Sao Paulo. And at Ida we have...

Last comment

Our debut feature for February 2015 is on long distance learning. We talked to Ida Advisory Board Member Deborah Ferrari about her online pediatric audiology course that she runs with her colleagues at the University of Sao Paulo. And at Ida we have...
Profile picture -

What role does the audiologist play?

28 comments
Taking into consideration your knowledge and understanding of assessing hearing acuity and speech perception, as well as what we’ve been discussing the first few class sessions: As an audiologist, what is your role along the various stages of the...

Michelle Arnold Research Audiologist

Last comment

Various people come in for various reasons to get their hearing checked, to learn about their hearing function, and how it may be affecting their speech or speech of someone close to them. Not only that, but how these deficits affect other parts of...

Matthew Seldine Student

Stigma and hearing loss

48 comments
Think of a time when you've felt stigmatized or witnessed someone you know being stigmatized. Compare and contrast this with what you think a person with hearing loss or their frequent communication partner might experience throughout the course of...

Last comment

When I was in high school government class, my class had a discussion about Mexican immigration to United States. Because this was in Texas, and because there was legislation regarding immigration pending in Congress at the time, it was a very...

Kasey student

Incorporating frequent communication partners in AR plan: Important?

239 comments
·  We know that frequent communication partners of individuals with hearing loss can play a significant role along the path to changing maladaptive behaviors (i.e., not wearing hearing aids, not utilizing appropriate communication strategies, not...

Last comment

Joseph Montano in his lecture “Engaging Communication Partnerships - The Line” discusses what influences the occurrence of change. He claims that the environment, personal factors, and social support (including family members, friends, neighbors,...

Katie Hubbard