Ask a Question

Go to the latest comment

Cross and Bi Cross Hearing aid fitting

G.Suresh Naidu

Audiologist,speech&language therapist

secunderabad,Andhra Pradesh ,India
8 posts

Posted on:

can any one share their clinical experience of Cross and BiCross Hearing aid fitting .  

Add your comment

Max file size is 10 MB

These filetypes are allowed: pdf, jpg, gif, png, doc, docx, txt, xls, zip, ppt, pptx

1 Comments

Barry Downes

Professional Services Manager

Manchester
3 posts

Replied on:

As an audiologist and BiCROS user, I think that the most important aspect of fitting CROS/BiCROS hearing aids is ensuring that the user knows how this type of hearing aid system will work and that it has limitations. Certainly good at overcoming the head shadow effect and enabling detection of sound from side of the poorer ear. However, improved localisation and speech understanding in noise are unlikely benefits.

Although I'm not aware of any studies which have investigated this, my experience is that, if the right ear is the poorer, unaidable ear, speech understanding in noise remains a particular problem and more so than if the left ear is the poorer ear. I have assumed that this is a right ear-dominance effect as speech is maiinly processed in left hemisphere of the brain but that's speculation on my part!

Add your comment

Max file size is 10 MB

These filetypes are allowed: pdf, jpg, gif, png, doc, docx, txt, xls, zip, ppt, pptx